Date & Time: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 7:30 AM – 9:30 AM
Speakers: Jean Morency, DMD & Linda Chandler-Jacobs BS, RHD
- What is Sickle Cell Disease? What causes it and the known treatments.
- Precautions to observe when diagnosing or treating a patient with Sickle Cell Disease or the Sickle Cell Trait.
- Understand why procedures such as dental implants, orthodontia and endodontic treatments may fail.
- Recognizing and preventing a “Sickle Cell” Crisis in the dental operatory.
- Recommended codes for dental and medical procedures in the dental office.
- Covid-19 and the Sickle Cell patient.
Sickle Cell Disease has been around for over 5000 years. Dental Professionals know very little about this disease and the necessary precautions they may need to take when treating a patient with Sickle Cell Disease.
This presentation will serve as an educational tool for the Dental Professional and Staff about the disease and the precautions they should be aware of when treating patients with Sickle Cell Disease or the Sickle Cell Trait.