Burnout has been well documented among students, residents, new dentists, dentists, and among dental specialists. As members of the dental team, we have specific challenges in our professional environment that have been implicated in contributing to burnout. Multiple inventories exist to screen for and identify the early signs and symptoms of burnout. When identified, there is a community of resources to help professionals recover from burnout. The goal of this course is to learn more about burnout among dental professionals in hopes of preventing or reducing the burden on our profession.
“Burnout Among Oral Health Professionals” Educational objectives
At the conclusion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Define burnout in the health professions literature.
- Identify personal characteristics, risk factors, and symptoms of a person with burnout.
- Compare and contrast the prevalence of burnout among dental team members and describe various screening tools used in literature and practice.
- Identify the organizational levers and tools that can be used to create wellness for oral health professionals.
- Discover resources for professionals who suffer from burnout.
QUICK ACCESS CODE 15418
Photo credit: © Elnur | Dreamstime.com